STAX Europe will at all times and in all situations comply with applicable laws and regulations, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation. This means that we will in any case:
- Process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, these goals and type of personal data are further described below;
- Ensure that the processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are minimally required for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your express consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- not to pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they were provided;
- Do not provide personal data to parties which are located outside the EU unless explicitly stated in this Privacy Statement;
- Do not use profiling, or other ways of automatic decision-making that are relevant to privacy and the use of personal data unless explicitly stated in this Privacy Statement;
- Store data no longer than necessary for the purposes described below and afterwards only in the financial administration for a maximum of seven years.
- To be aware of your rights regarding your personal data, to point these out to you, and to respect them.
What personal customer information do we gather for which purposes?
Without your information, we cannot provide you with our high quality service. For the purposes described below, and when applicable, STAX may ask from you the following personal data:
- First Name
- Last name;
- Phone number;
- Email address;
- Payment details.
ORDERS AND DELIVERY
We primarily use personal customer information for the ordering process. To deliver your order and to keep you informed about the delivery status, we need your name, invoice and delivery address(es), email address(es), payment details and phone number. We also provide this information to our distribution centre and external delivery services for their administration and so they can reach you if necessary for the delivery.
YOUR ACCOUNT ON LIGHTSTAX.EU
Especially when you place frequent orders with us, you may find it useful to create an account. This way there is no need to enter your data again when you do so. To maintain your account, we save information such as your name, invoice and delivery address(es), email address(es), payment details, phone number, as well as interests and information provided by you. The latter would be the case if, for example, we ask you for your birth date for our newsletter. In your account we also save your product reviews and information about previous orders. When you cancel your account, this data will be deleted.
For any questions you can contact us by phone or by email. To be of swift and optimal service to you, we use the abovementioned information and temporarily save emails you send us. This way we can quickly find your order or previously asked questions in our administration or inbox. We may share your question among our colleagues so they can help answering them. However, this is done with the upmost care and respect for you privacy. Also, we never publish any customer questions without your prior consent, unless you contact us publicly on social media or through our review system. Emails are stored for three years for the purposes of aftersales and/or handling complaints about products and/or services. After three years, customer questions are either destroyed or completely anonymised for evaluation purposes.
Through our newsletters, we can keep you posted about the best offers, sales and the latest news. We have both general and personal newsletters. The personal newsletters are specially adjusted to your interests based on the abovementioned information, such as previously placed orders or your birthday. The registration form for the newsletters asks for your first name, infix, last name, address and e-mail address. For the general newsletter only your e-mail address is required. You will only receive newsletters if you sign up for them. E-mail newsletters are sent via the service provider The Rocket Science Group, LLC to MailChimp, 512 Means St., Suite 404 Atlanta, Georgia-30318, USA. They receive this information only for creating and sending the newsletter. The Rocket Science Group has adopted the Safe Harbor Agreement, which aims at a level of data protection that meets European standards. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us, you can simply unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter. When you unsubscribe, this data will be deleted.
SALES AND CONTESTS
In order for you to participate in our contests, we need your name, address and email address. This way we can process the responses of contestants and announce the prize winner(s). We also use this information to learn about the responses to our advertising campaigns.
PERSONAL SHOPPING ASSISTANCE
If you have placed articles in your shopping basket on the webshop whilst being logged into your account, and you have not proceeded to checkout after a period of two weeks or longer, we may send you an e-mail as a reminder.
We therefore share some personal information with the companies who provide the payment applications for our webshop, but only such information that is necessary for the proper functioning of our webshop. For information on the privacy policies of our payment application companies, please visit their respective websites:
PayPal , IDEAL, Maestro/Mastercard, Sofort, Visa
MAINTENANCE OF THE WEBSITE’S FUNCTIONING
If necessary, we may use customer data in order to prevent, investigate and counter fraud. This also means we might be obliged by the Dutch government to share this information in case of a fraud investigation.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A ‘Cookie’ is a file that is often placed on your computer when you visit a website. This file contains information about the visited website (in this case LightStax.eu) and some information about your visit to the site. For example, the information registered by Cookies can consist of IP-addresses, browser types and visited webpages.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE COOKIES?
WHY ARE COOKIES NECESSARY?
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing. Among others, we have taken the following measures:
- We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure that all your data is properly secured. The information provided by you or generated by Cookies is either stored on our own secured (HTTPS) server or a secured server of a contracted third party.
- We regularly test and evaluate our data security measures.
- All our employees have been thoroughly informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
- All persons who process your data on behalf of STAX (and all affiliated companies) are obliged by contract to maintain confidentiality.
We would like to remind you to always be sure to sign off after using your account on our website, to protect yourself against unauthorized access.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is not part of our business to sell this information to others. We only provide the data that you give to us to third parties if this is necessary for the purposes mentioned above. For example, we use a third party for:
- Maintenance of the internet environment of our website;
- Managing our (financial) administration;
- Sending our newsletters and invitations;
- Generating Track & Trace barcodes and postal labels;
- Delivering customer orders.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not entered into a processor agreement, and only to the parties mentioned in this Privacy Statement. Naturally, we make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to ensure the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not pass on the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted and/or you have explicitly given us permission to do so.
CONSENT AND RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As Controller of your data, we at STAX are responsible for the processing of your personal data. Therefore, we ask for your express consent by clicking "Accept" below.
We only process personal data of minors (persons under 16 years of age) when written permission has been given by the parent, caregiver or legal representative. We therefore request that you give us this consent when your child enters personal details of him or her on our website.
You have the right to inspect, rectify or have the personal data we have received from you deleted. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the information provided by you transferred by us to yourself or to someone else who is directly commissioned by you. However, we can ask you to identify yourself before we respond to the above requests. If we have your permission to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this permission at all times.
Last amended: April 17 2018